Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summertime Girls

School is over for the semester and my summer has officially started. I always look forward to the summer, not to sit around and do nothing, far from it! Summer is when I get the chance to do all the things I wanted to do during the school year but didn't have the free time. I have several big plans for this summer. The biggest and least likely to happen is to get the house put together and better organized. I am hoping by tackling each room individually through out the next three months I will be able to accomplish this lofty goal. I call it lofty because I have had two days already to start this scheme and so far Amelia has not cooperated. She still wants to be held all the time, but she does take short naps. I've been able to pick up hear and there and to wash laundry. I am still optimistic that I will be able to get the house as clean as I want and to finally add those little touches to make it feel more like home. After all, we've only lived here three years now...

Today, also marks the first day of the great cloth diapering adventure. When Amelia was born she was too tiny for her cloth diapers and we have been traveling so much this last month I just wasn't sure when we would see a washing machine again. Despite all this we are still venturing to use our cloth diapers. The biggest reason being the cost. We spent over $40 this last month on disposables. We are fortunate that the landlady pays the water bill in our current renting situation so the added water cost doesn't hit our budget, but I have a feeling if it did it would be minimal compared to $40. So, Today we are officially setting out on this adventure.  I will keep you updated about how we do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...