Monday, March 7, 2011

Bamboobies Review

I have been planning to do this for a while and just never got around to it before Mia made her appearance. Bamboobies are reusable nursing pads. Whether you are planning to breastfeed or not nursing pads are something you are going to need if only for a short time. I started leaking colostrum nightly in my sixth month of pregnancy. It was mostly a few spots but toward the end of my pregnancy I was waking up cold and wet in a soaked tee. So, I started looking around at nursing pad options.

They make disposable pads, just like they make disposable diapers but I was looking for something a little more wallet friendly. $9.00 for a box of 60 pads isn't bad when you are just changing them out nightly. In fact if  you aren't planning to breastfeed it might be the way to go since you won't be producing for long. If you are breast feeding disposable pads can really add up over time. So, I decided to try Bamboobies a brand I found online with several really good reviews.

I bought the multi-pack that includes 3 daily and 1 night time pair off Amazon for $29. I liked how thin the day time pads were and how comfy the night time pads feel. The daily pads work great for small amounts of leakage but I have found that while I am nursing Mia on one side I leak through the daily pads on the other. So, great for if you are away from baby but I've started wearing the nighttime pads while I nurse.

I really have no complaints about the night time pads. They work great, very absorbent and so soft on your skin. I would recommend these to others. I am definitely planning to investing in some more. You can buy a 4-pack from Bamboobies website or through Amazon for $29.

I hope this is helpful to some of my soon to be mommy friends. I will try to think of other products to review in the future and maybe save someone from all the researching I have done. :)

p.s. Did I mention how cute the design is?

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! I've started making a shopping list...this is great! Keep up the reviews as you have time! You are surely helping one clueless momma-to-be over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I can help! Let me know if you have any questions or want to know about anything we are doing. I may not have all the answers but I am more than glad to share what experience I have.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...