Monday, July 11, 2011

I made Baby Food...

I have been planning to make our own baby food long before we had even talked about trying to have Amelia. We have very good friends who had their daughter a couple years ago and Jen made all her own baby food. I was very intrigued and asked a million questions. That was when I decided when and if we had a baby I wanted to make my own food. She made it sound easy and healthy, which it is. :)

The "recipe" I made I found on Simply Baby Food Recipes. It's summer time and peaches are in season. So, when I went the the grocery store Friday I grabbed a bunch on sale. I cut, peeled and pitted the peach, then simmered them for 10 minutes. I then used the food processor attachment that came with my blender to puree the peaches. I then loaded the mixture into ice cube trays and put it in the freezer.
Sunday morning I warmed 1 cube up in the microwave for 30 seconds. I then mixed it with a little rice cereal. Amelia was a little unsure about it but eat it all anyways. She also ate 2 cubes for Curtis later in the day, but this morning she wasn't as interested. I am wondering if she is like her mother and doesn't like to eat the same thing two times in a row...

I am going to try a veggie next. I was thinking about peas but maybe I will attempt butternut squash. I'll keep you updated and I'll share any recipes that we really like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...