Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New, New, New...

 I don't like the word resolution. I feel like you set yourself up for failure. I don't like failure so I don't make resolutions, simple as that. With that being said, I do like the word goals. It's friendlier. This year when I sat down and looked at what is coming in the next 12 months and what I wanted to do with it I saw a common theme; change.

This year will be the end of my college career. It could possibly mean moving to a new place for that grown-up job I hope to get. It will mean the end of this sudo-stay at home mom lifestyle and Amelia's first time in full time daycare. It means a whole lot of change. Which I'll admit can be scary. Fear of the unknown is a big one for me. It's absolutely my biggest, but I choose to look at this coming year as an adventure. An adventure that I am not on alone, which makes all the difference.

So, this year my goal is 1) to survive, and 2) to document as much of it as possible. This last thing seemed a little too broad a goal to keep. I need something more precise if I am going to be able to achieve it. This year I am going to update this blog 2 times a week, minium. I'd like to do more but I am setting the bar low in the hopes that maybe I will overachieve. I do that sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...