Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's up Doc?

Today, Amelia had her 4 month well visit. She is doing extremely well. She has pretty much doubled her birth weight at this point. She weighs 13lbs (No wonder my arms get tired after holding her now!). She is 24 inches long and in the top 40 percentile for both weight and height. I am so happy she is so healthy. We are truly blessed and I thank God everyday for this wonderful miracle he has given us.

She had to get another round of shots. Boo! But she took 'em like a champ. She cried for about a minute but was subdued by mommy hugs and has only been a little fussy the rest of the day. The big news is WE GET TO TRY SOLID FOODS! So, look for pictures of that to come in the next day or so (or maybe a week...) We have been super busy getting the house in order and it's coming together slowly. I hope to update more regularly someday in the future. Love to all who put up with me and my irregular posting.

Laters,
Nicki

p.s. what do y'all think about piercing ears as a baby? Hot or not?

p.p.s if you haven't already be sure to "like" our Facebook fan page, which you can find here.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, she's adorable! So glad she's doing well. :) Do you have the summer off from school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicki D,

    First, I don't think any mom wanting her dd's ears pierced as an infant is crazy for wanting it done. Admittedly, I know a lot of people
    have strong feelings when to pierce a child's ear. "Let them decide" is being replaced by parental decision when mommy intuition knows, "earlier is better" from either personal or friend's experiences of unpleasant childhood ear piercing.

    Second, I think it just depends on your own personal choice whether or not you wish your baby or little girl to have pierced ears. If you loved having earrings as girl growing up, then your decision is already made, go ahead now and give her little gold studs or a little CZ in each ear...she'll look adorable in her baby pictures.

    Third, I pierced our daughter's ears when she was six weeks old after asking our ped who encouraged me to go ahead when mommy could care for them. She said if they cry, it is because of being restrained or the noise of the piercing instrument, not any pain.

    Fourth, my mom pierced my ears when I was 5 days old as and I've loved it....I think earrings on little girls are adorable! If you don't know how she'd look at any age, then hold up a pair of your studs to your daughters ear and decide for yourself.

    Fifth, as mothers of girls of all ages, we know litte pierced earrings on babies and little girls celebrates their femaleness and femininity. After all, they are, right?

    Lastly, I think down deep, if you're thinking about it or just asking others for their opinions, your mommy intuition is really telling you earlier is better. I'd say go ahead and have it done soon and not worry about it anymore giving your daughter the "gift of pierced ears." Promise she'll thank you later when other little girls are envious of her earrings in pre-school, but afraid to have them done for fear of pain.

    Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced. If you or any moms would like them, write me an e-mail and I'll send them to you.

    Amy
    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillian - Yes, I do! Against the wishes of my adviser, but I wasn't planning to graduate in May anyways and I thought it more important for Mia that I be home. Wow, was that a run on sentence...

    Amy- Thanks so much for your thoughts and encouragement. You are right and I am going to follow my intuition and get it done while she is young. I'd love your suggestions, so I'll send you a note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki,

    Think you're a smart mommy for having your dd's ears pierced as an infant when you can care for them. Our ped says if they cry, it is because of being restrained or the noise of piercing instrument near their ears, not any pain.

    Don't hesitate to write me an e-mail for our ped's suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced.

    Promise, she'll look adorable with little earrings.

    Amy

    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...