Thursday, October 28, 2010

So, I was right...

Baby D was shy but I didn't cry after all. Our appointment started off with the ultrasound tech. She was super nice and tried about everything to get this kiddo to move around but Baby D just wasn't having it. I think it more than likely Baby D was still asleep and s/he sleeps just like his/her Daddy. At one point Curtis and the Tech said they got a glimpse at the goods but neither could say for sure. So, we are only 70% sure Baby D is a girl. We go back Nov. 23 and will try again.

Until then I have decided to start referring to Baby D as "she." It just makes everything so much easier, but I'm not going to go out and buy anything girly until we know for sure. I've gotten tons of advice on how to get Baby D moving for next time but I think honestly she is really cramped and that is why she doesn't move much. I am below average so far with my weight gain and when she moves from a horizontal position into a vertical one it is already super uncomfortable for me. The tech mentioned something about feeling flutters but what I feel is more like punches or kicks. There is nothing subtle about it.


I have been so busy lately with school and work. It was so nice that Tuesday was all about Baby D. I loved getting to see her. She really is so beautiful, even in the fuzzy ultrasound images. We got to see so much since she wouldn't corporate. I almost think she did it on purpose. We saw her opening and shutting her mouth. She is definitely our child; there is no mistaking that prominent chin. She even got the hiccups! It was so cute. I'm even tearing up a little at the memory. I can't wait until I get to watch her everyday.

I can't decide if I want to bother posting the pics from the ultrasound this time. The pictures they printed are really unclear and it's hard to tell what anything is. I will for sure be posting some new bump pics soon. I ordered new maternity clothes from Old Navy and I want to model them. :) 

Until Then,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...