Monday, November 1, 2010

Music Lessons

 Since Baby D is now able to pick up on sounds going on around us it's made me start thinking about the things I listen to, mainly music. I have a wide range of musical taste. I like music from all decades, most genres and if I can sing a long I am hooked. The one thing I don't really consider much when it comes to music is lyrics. For me whether I like a song has more to do with a great beat and catchy melody than the words of the song, but the other day I started really listening to the lyrics of the music on the Top 40 radio station I usually listen to. Yikes! I can't believe some of the things I have been sing a long to. Since then I have been kind of making an on going list in my head of bands/artisits I will no longer listen to once Baby D arrives. The funny thing to me is that most of these artists are contemporary. A lot of the stuff I grew up listening to passes the test, but I think the reason for that is because it seems tame to what is currently popular. I have a feeling I will be listening to a lot of Beatles, Beach Boys and Ann Murray in the future. Which doesn't disappoint me one bit because the thought of Baby D singing about wanting to take a ride on a "disco stick" is totally terrifying.

p.s. Today on the way to school an MJ song came on the radio and Baby D suddenly got very active. I'm just not sure if it was out of appreciation or complaint...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...