Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful for a Break...


This past week has been wonderful. I made a reckless but I think ultimately wise decision last Friday that the week of Thanksgiving I was not going to think about school. I didn’t go to class Monday (I didn’t miss much, I checked with a friend) and I didn’t work on any homework (nothing was due right away). It was just nice to get to enjoy time with friends and family. I also finally got sometime to really enjoy being pregnant. I was surround all week but people who are as excited as I am that Baby D is coming. My sisters in particular were willing to indulge in non-stop baby talk and even a little shopping. It was so great to actually get to think about this miracle that is happening inside of me instead of what chores have to be done, what bills need to be paid and how much time I have until that project deadline.

Baby D has also been extremely active this last week, which only added to the fun as everyone got to touch my stomach and get introduced to the little person I have been feeling for a few weeks. I have confirmed that this girl does not liked to be pushed around. When my mom tried to feel her as she pushed out on my stomach she retreated and when Curtis pushed on her too much for her taste she kicked me the hardest she ever has. I like to have these little glimpses of her personality. It’s sometimes hard to interpret her activity but it’s like pieces to a puzzle that I am just beginning to put together, which I have a lifetime to complete. 

I am now back in the grind of things, thank you Monday morning, but I am hoping to get back to enjoying baby time once school is done for the semester. I am trying not to panic when I think that there is only two weeks left to get everything done. I hope that I will be able to post more often and more thoughtfully after Dec. 13th. So, far this blog isn't quite what I want it to be but I hope it will be soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...