Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dearest You,

Today is a very special day. Today, three years ago, I married a very amazing man, your Daddy. I am a little in awe at how quickly time has passed. It seems like forever, and like barely a day. I anticipate this is what it will feel like to watch you grow, as if you were always here and yet that I still have so much to learn about you.  I have been wanting to write to you about your Daddy for several weeks and I think today is an excellent day to do it.

You are such a lucky girl because you are going to have an wonderful Daddy who already loves you very much. In a way I am a little jealous, but mostly just so grateful. I can't wait for him to make you laugh. He is a very funny guy and he may give you a hard time and playfully pick on you but always remember it is all out of love ( he does it to me too). He is such a kid at heart that he will always be coming up with new fun ways for you to play together (and pick on mommy).

He will discipline you sometimes (when necessary) but he is patient and fair and will always hear you out. Your Daddy gives the best hugs, hands down. There is nothing more comforting than to be wrapped in those strong arms.  Your Daddy maybe scared of snakes (I don't blame him) and heights (maybe we can get him over this) but what he is not afraid of is hard work to get the things that he wants. I hope you inherit this from him.  He is resourceful and practical and he is good about keeping you grounded.

I can't tell you enough how amazing he is and how excited I am for you that he is you Daddy. Daddy's are very important to a little girl (little boys too I think, but I can only speak from my experience).

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...