Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Making a liar out of me...


I have never been a runner. Everyone else in my family is. I have always felt a little left out but never enough to want to actually become a runner. Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoy exercise and sports. I would even call myself athletic but I don't like running just to run. To me it's kinda like math, what's the point? I don't just go around solving algebra equations for the heck of it, why would I just go for a run?

Of course that was before I went to the doctor yesterday and realized I have gain about 20lbs since having Amelia. Blah. So, I said to myself, "Self, this is unacceptable. Something MUST be done," and I remembered reading about the Bluebell FunRun. Bluebell Ice Cream sponsors a 5k/10k each year to raise funds for the local high school. It's relatively cheap and at the finish line you get ice cream. What better motivation?

So, I have semi-committed to run the 5k. I would like to get a jogging stroller so Amelia can join Curtis and I on morning runs. I thought it would be a good start to a healthy family tradition. It's important to me that she take better care of her health than I have of mine. That's why I also brush her two teeth every night, well almost...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...