Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Monthly Habit

We had our 15 1/2 week check-up this past Monday. It was just a quick visit so not much to report. Baby D's (as I have taken to calling him/her) heartbeat was very strong on the monitor. As we listened the sound of the beat kept being interupted by a loud thud. I guess my face displayed my dismay/confusion b/c the doctor explained that it was just the baby moving. I am taking his word for it b/c I still can't feel anything but if it is true, man this kid moves alot! In the mere minute we listened Baby D kicked or squirmed 7-8 times. If that keeps up I think I have some uncomfortable times ahead once I can feel Baby D moving.

We talked about screening for birth defects which really unsettled Curtis. We decided we are not going to screen b/c basically it wouldn't change anything. I'm not willing to do the amniocentesis and termination is out of the question to us. I just feel like we wouldn't gain anything from the test but worry if the percentages came out high. Plus, from everything I have read the screenings are very unreliable and I don't want to worry for nothing.

The Doctor also asked if we had any feeling on what Baby D's gender might be. Since the beginning of my pregnancy I have unintentionally refered to Baby D in the third person as male. I'm not sure if that is really a feeling or just me psyching myself out. I don't have a preference but I think I didn't want to get attacted to the idea of pink dresses, tiny shoes and cute bows. I mean, it's much more acceptable for a little girl to be "boyish" than a little boy to be "girlish." So, I picked out gender neutral baby items and even some things that borderlined on "boyish" b/c it's okay for a girl to wear blue. I will be happy no matter what Baby D turns out to be. It's a win-win situation as far as I am concerned. :)

So, mark your calendars for Oct. 26th! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...