Thursday, September 16, 2010

True Story

Today, according to my droid pregnancy app, I am 14 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I am feeling much better than I have the past few months, even though I've had a stomach virus this week. I am at least interested in food again and not throwing up on myself. Speaking of that, I have a funny story. At least it is now.

A few weeks ago Curtis wanted to get Mexican food for dinner. It was late and the only place open was Taco Bell. I hadn't really had any morning sickness at this point so I wasn't staying away from spicy food yet...so, after we get home from eating I start feeling a little sick. I decide to start making my way to the bathroom b/c I'm not sure yet if I am going to throw up. As I walk into the bathroom I have the urge to do what feels like a cough. I luckily had just leaned over the toilet when I "coughed" and actually threw up. Unfortunately, since I was expecting to cough I wasn't exactly aimed well. The liquid hit the side of the toilet seat and ricocheted back all over me. I continued to throw up for several minutes with better aim before Curtis knocked on the door to ask if I was alright.

He has a thing about vomit. He can't handle it. It makes him throw up. So, he says very meekly thru the door. "Are you alright?" to which I anwser, "No, I just threw up all over myself," again thru the door, "You know I can't help you, right?", wanting to cry I respond, "I know."

I decided at this point the easiest way to clean myself was to just get in the bath tub, clothes and all. This was when I decided I was not going to be one of those women who loves being pregnant.  

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...