Friday, January 28, 2011

Dearest You,


 I have been sick most of the week with a cold. It’s been difficult to accept that I was just going to have to rest it off. I just feel like there is so much left to do before you make your debut. I want to be ready. You will quickly find out your mama is a planner. I have been trying to read 3 books simultaneously to prepare for your arrival on top of getting a head start on schoolwork. Plus, all that I am trying to get done around the house. And I wonder why I got sick? It is about time I learn I can’t do it all. Especially now that I have you to take care of.

While being sick was frustrating it gave me the chance to get some things in order. I washed all your new clothes and put them away, as well as the cloth diapers we received. I slept in between transferring loads. When everything is in your closet I worry you don’t have enough clothes but when put in baskets you have enough for a light load and a separate dark. I think that’s more clothes than your Daddy has. :)

As I was putting away your clothes yesterday I came across my favorite piece in your wardrobe: your swimsuit. It’s my favorite for many reasons: it’s yellow, my favorite color; it has ruffles on the butt, but most of all it speaks to me of all the water adventures we will have. It is the one piece of clothing you have that brings to mind the excitement of discovery and activity. I can’t wait to spend days this summer at Uncle Heath’s apartment pool or 4th of July at Cousin Rick and Lori’s.

I wonder if you will take to water right away like I did or hate it and scream until we take you out. I hope you enjoy it. It’s a joy I’d like to share with you. I can imagine yearly family vacations to Port A and going to Sea World and other water parks. Those are some of my most treasured childhood memories, including just going to the city pool. I want those for you and so much more. This is why a little yellow swimsuit makes me smile.



P.s. It was a present from your cool aunt, Auntie Hi. And yes, she bribed me to say that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...