Monday, January 24, 2011

Let the good times roll...

I have been sick since Saturday night with some kind of head cold but I really wanted to post something about our shower before too much time passed. Saturday we had a wonderful shower held for us by my sisters and several dear friends. It was really so much fun getting to see everyone. I asked that the shower be co-ed and I guess no one had ever heard of that before. I was a little disappointed that the guys complained about being there but I wanted to include as many people who love Mia as possible. Oh, well you live and you learn...oh gosh now I am sounding like a diaper commercial.

I want to give all my hostesses props because the food was really amazing. They were even considerate enough to make several things that were low-sugar so I could chow down and not have to worry. Although I did have a cupcake! :) I have already seen the recipe swapping on facebook.

The games were a lot of fun and I have a great keepsake to make into a little book for Mia, full of warm wishes for her future. The play dough babies were the funniest game I think. It was so hard for me to pick just one win! Everyone was so creative. Speaking of creative the decorations were super cute too! I loved the oneies that spelled out Amelia and the adorable diaper cake. :)

Before the party got started Curtis and I got a chance to sneak away with Rachel for a few quick maternity photos. This is my favorite. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed the shower! We all loved throwing it!

    There really was a LOT of food, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there was but it wasn't a problem! We were expecting a few more people than came, which as far as I am concerned meant more yummy food for us. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...